Sunday, December 10, 2017

Ua ite atura vau i te pou maramarama...

Dear Family and Friends,

(I looked up what the title of the email says... "I saw a Pillar of light....")

What do we got the the docket for this week? classic testimony meeting  AH.  Lots of Tahitian Lessons.  Like 5 haha, I dont know if thats a lot but it felt like it.
 
We had one lesson where we had to explain the conditions of baptism, and prayed to have the spirit.  I had be studying more diligently the Tahitian recently, and I knew that I was the one who would be teaching, my companion doesn't like Tahitian haha.  And during the lesson, I was able to communicate more fluidly and remember several new words and phrases.  It is exciting to have a clear Gift of Tongues moment when you seek so often for that. The next day during another Tahitian lesson, (this time with a lady will not accept this missionaries at all unless we speak in Tahitian), and during the First vision we were all very moved by spirit, testifying of its truthfulness.  That Joseph Smith in reality, saw God.  I know I have A LOT of work to do, before I really learn Tahitian, but I am thankful that the Lord is aware of me and my needs!

Testimony meetings on a mission are great yes, but really stressful.  You just have no idea what doctrine is going to be taught at the pulpit.  Haha I guess it keeps it real.

I love our friend Manupatia, who has little or no time for herself, as she cares for her cousin going through Chemotherapy. We pass by her house a couple times a week to help her with English, or to sing to her cousin.  I believe she's been well prepared by the Lord to accept the gospel, I think this week she will accept the lessons :)

We are started caroling with the zone, every Sunday until Christmas!  No one here knows what that means, but they like it anyways (I think!!) I love singing and thinking even more about Christ.

We watched the Christmas Devotional, and during Elder Uchdorf's talk I thought about Christ, the Savior, being born without any memory of his glory or predestination.  From his birth until the beginning of his ministry he had to learn Grace for Grace.  I don't know where we are all individually at, but this Christmas, we can start as the Savior started.  At a new fresh beginning.  We too need to learn grace for grace, petite a petite, until we realize our potential.  And luckily this Christmas is not too late to start. So let's get ready to make some changes!

I love you all! Enjoy that snow :)
Sœur Spencer

One the most hilarious, charitable woman on the island, Manupatia.  She hasn't committed to taking the lessons yet, but we just spent an hour helping her learn English, and singing hymns on her ukelele and eating with her and her cousin.  She gives and gives and gives.  She is single and can't imagine getting married, because she wouldn't have enough time in the week to continue to serve by driving people to the hospital all day, taking care of her cousin with cancer, giving away freely all that she grows and has, selling cakes at a stand to pay for her cousin's house. 

Trip to Moorea: In Hawaii, the Pineapples are bigger, but in Tahiti the pineapples are sweeter.



Haha, I fell for the tacky tag picture

Doing splits with Sr. Mortensen!  Got to do a lesson with Papi Tapatoa, since he's deaf we just write back and forth on a notebook.
Here's Ellie, with our DMP (ward mission leader)  I don't know what he's looking at haha but I promise this is the best photo of the ones we took:)



You can't really see our ami Poehere very well, but she is a great, steady person.  She's has had a lot a trials come into her life since she started the lessons, but her response to all of that is that she wants to move up her baptismal date!  Trials can make us stronger  It's our choice!!


Big branch that fell 6inches from us during a lesson.  It may not common knowledge that coconut trees are pretty dangerous.  People die over here from falling coconuts

Our Thanksgiving.  I contributed the canned corn you see there.


brooke and her comp


​​





No comments:

Post a Comment