Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Oaoa te Noera!

Dear Family and Friends,
 
We went caroling with the zone and Elder Tekurio with his Violin for Tahitian families.
 
We made 50 containers of food and sorted tons of donated clothes to pass around the families in need with the Relief Society.

Christmas Eve dinner was spent with a French Family who treated use to a traditional french meal, minus the snails. 

Elie is a Member! Woohoo! His baptism was on Saturday, and despite his fears, he did not even slip down the stairs.  His testimony was so sincere and movie worthy!  Wish I could've recorded it.  I have been at enough baptisms to know that, you just never really know what new Tahitian converts will say.  But Elie, bore a powerful witness of the change that can happen through reading the Book of Mormon, and that Joseph Smith is a Real Prophet, and that he knows this is God's true church.  And what a different man he is! Changed from his disinterest in all things religion, preferring to stay in his garden and smoke weed all day long.
 
A young couple with two little kids agreed to get married yesterday and baptized, after a lot of effort and struggles and fasting!  The future looks so much brighter for them! As they look forward to being sealed in a year! 
 
I am so thankful for my Savior.  I have felt his love this week especially, in prayers and my studies.  and Merry Christmas y'all! Oaoa te Noera!
Love you all! 

Brooke Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment