Dear Family and Friends,
The Jehovah's Witnesses
have this food stand, wednesdays and thursdays with Belgian Waffles and
German Bread. We go there every week, haha we'll just chalk it up to
Rapport de Confiance.
Sr. Kendall doubling as Neal Armstrong #Tour de (Polynesie) France
Lessons in Rurutu: We have several amis that follow the lessons but
are in concubinage, are not yet married with their
boyfriend/girlfriend. So we whipped out a Couple's Night, to help them
work towards marriage. Wellllllll, it was an awesome activity but none
of our amis came hahaha. So we'll have to try another tactic. We
incorporated some fun American Wedding games, that the members really
liked and our Ward Missionary Leader gave a fantastic lesson. You
snooze, you lose I guess ;)
Jackie, is a
Protestant Diacre/Leader that started the lessons thanks to a member.
He is partially deaf and speaks the Rurutu dialetic of Tahitian. The
lessons can be a struggle but he's a good sport about it.
Anabelle
and Elisabeth are two new amis that are incredibly powerful! One told
us, "Sister ma, I already told my boyfriend that I will fight my way
into this church. I will become a member." She has been praying to see a
sign of mormons on Rurutu and then saw us at the store. She was too
afraid to talk to us but prayed again that we could come to her house.
Well a member made it over to her house and invited her to take the
lessons that week. She has a long road to take, because she has to get
married first, but we are happy to see these miracles happening in our
ami's lives!
This mission road is also coming to an end, as I put most of my belongings on the boat, to wait for me in Tahiti.
I
didn't get to say much about eatting with that Muslim Family, but it
was a wonderful rare occasion to learn a lot about Islam and life on La
Reunion at Madagascar, where they grew up. We ate together to celebrate
the end of their month long fast.
I don't think that I will see another person baptized on my mission,as the work progresses slowly and surely.
But how grateful I am to have this time to teach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!
At
a FHE, we heard two members bear powerful testimony of Joseph Smith.
Bringing it back to the basics. Crazy how we see so many diverse
problems and circumstances all around the world, but the message the
most important to teach is Joseph Smith and the Restored Gospel. If
they can understand all the implications of this message, their lives,
all of their lives can and will change. "The Gospel is perfectly simple
and simply perfect."--Elder Larsen
All my love and encouragement to those at home and on missions!!!
Photo Hoe: A member caught some tasty lobsters, so we had that with a side of fries. So Good!!!!
Photo Piti: Cruisin by Unaa, our biking game is on point :)Photo Toru: Rurutu has some gorgeous sunsets. God is the best artist
Photo Maha: Couple's Night! Lesson by our deticated DMB Eretaia Love,
Soeur Spencer









No comments:
Post a Comment