Friday, February 24, 2017

Feb. 17, 2017
Dear Family and Friends,
Just got back from a leisurely morning with a 6 am temple trip and a delicious temple cafe breakfast:)
Elder Ballard gave our devotional this week which was really great.  Also everyone who told me to sing in the choir was totally right.  The choir director is a saint and the music is beautiful.  
I totally have loved all the packages and letters from you guys.  My district really appreciated the 1 week MTC birthday donuts and party stuff.  Although sorry dad, but they confiscated the matches and birthday candles before giving me the package. The Elders totally loved the huge balloons and poppers.
      
My district is incredible, and probably because we're all trying our best and are focused on Christ.  It's so cool to see them in this element.  The day to day is similar to college and efy mix but the spirit here is unparalleled.  Something our mission president said that has been really true is this: "Sometimes we can think that we are not feeling the spirit in the MTC, but the actual problem is that we no longer can differentiate since the spirit is often present here"   The work is hard but the reward is eternal so what's not to love?? 
 For free time our zone typically gets a pickup game of .... foursquare going.  A soeur from my room gets SO intense during those games, lol, it's hilarious.  
My testimony has grown a lot in the bearing of it.  We've just finished teaching the lessons to our first Tahitian investigator in French.  She was going easy on us, and she'll probably end up being one of our teachers but it's fine haha she committed to baptism on the 30th of March. What I really love is the attention to goal setting here.  That really makes things a reality.  
One girl in our zone is from Korea and had to learn 10 weeks of English and now is starting to learn French to head out to France.  And I thought French and Tahitian would be hard! That's crazy for her:) 
     
Our mission president was talking to my district (the 6 of us) and he was saying "how do we deal with our trials here at the MTC? like homesickness?" and we were all sharing like the usual answers of praying, looking outwards.  When an elder said "No guys come on.  Think of all the times your mom yelled at you??!!" ........wait what?? hahahah it was so funny because he was so serious about it :)
      
I see a ton of LP kids all the time.  I see Miranda and Jake like 3 times a day at least and they both seem like they like their districts.  
It's also super funny to see the missionaries fight not to flirt. I can tell it's real hard for everyone which
just makes it funnier lol.  And sometimes when we're bored we just tell our favorite movies or studio c's play by play LOL
They say here the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days and that's pretty true, but I love my district, I love the spirit here and I love the work!!!!! There's no better work :)

I love Jesus Christ my Savior and his Atonement. And I love that he has a plan for us!!
Thanks again for all the letters and emails from you guys!! I love you so much!!! 
Back to the work :)

Soeur Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment