Friday, February 24, 2017

Feb. 10, 2017
Dear Family and Friends,

One week done! Alright, more like 2 days done.  The days are long when every hour from 6:30 to 10:30 are rigorously scheduled.  I've seen Bro. Busby, Hermana Madsen, and all the LP kids who still are here.  I feel really old here haha.  
     
I'm pretty tired already but our Branch President said we've be tired for the rest of our life so we should get used to it :)  
      
Moving in took a while because Tahitian and French require their own set of books.  So we have double the amount of materials as everyone else.  Apparently, we are only (lol, only) here for 9 weeks! 6 weeks of French and 3 weeks of Tahitian.  Already everyone is speaking French at us.           The teachers use only 6 English words in our 3 hour classes....And I was taking that in stride until I found out that everyone in my district has taken 3+ years of French before.  My roomie has taken 6 years.  I keep mixing up everything I know from Spanish.  It's hilarious to me, but not really to them! Yesterday we met our first investigator, a Tahitian woman who my companion and I will be teaching tonight.  In 100% french.  I've written down a bunch of things from our resources but I will embarrass my cute, shy companion a lot, I'm sure.  
      
Our zone is incredible.  Love them a lot.  The ladies are hilarious and funky, and the boys are 18 and think they're super.  It's a good crew.  We went to the temple this morning and apparently it's a tradition for the zone to eat temple breakfast, which is cheap and delicious.  There's this temple worker who waits for us there every Friday to debate deep doctrine with us LOL.
     
So me, my companion, and one other girl are going to Tahiti.  And then we have a girl in our room going to Barbados.  The boys are going to Madagascar.  My companion is really nice but I hope I'm not too in control.  Technically, I'm the senior comp, but she'll switch me in a month or so.
     
I found our that we head out for Tahiti April 11th which is way sooner than I expected :)
     
I'm really excited to be here, and praying for the gift of tongues eventually.  Loving my crew, and I love you guys!! There's a huge focus here on exact obedience and the people we need to learn to love.  
love,
      Soeur Brooke Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment