"Carrament Top"
Dear Friends and Family,
I wasn't
much of a dabber until everyone who is anyone here does it. Call me
mainstream, but the kids think it is hilarious. I am a crowd pleaser.
Hey!! I forgot to email out about our baptism last week!! Noarii is 18,
and weighs a lot of kilos and just became a dad. Super excited that he
got baptized so him and his new wife can work towards a temple
marriage!!
We have had a lot of sad
experiences already with people choosing not to get baptized day of. It
actually hurts a lot to see those people so close to making that first
promise with God, persuaded to put other things first, which Satan uses
to lead them away from that path altogether. Also, addiction is a very
real thing out here for a lot of people- even very young children. We
have had some powerful fasts with people addicted to Marijuana (paka)
and I have seen some incredible people make the hard decision to resist
that temptation.
Had
a fantastic BBQ last Monday Night for FHE with ward members and some
investigators. These kids could not hold still, except for the dabbing
picture.
This ward befriends our investigators so well!!! I
just wish they would talk a little less about other planets that Jesus
might have visited and the fact that God is married. That's always a
little confusing for our new friends hahahaha. Not too much harm done.
We
come out of lessons having seen how the Lord touched a person's life,
and how he can help them in whatever trial and situation they are going
through and then we get to look at God's
Magnificence. And I think of this song.
I see the stars... etc....Then sings my soul, my savior God to thee. How great thou art!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAYS!!!! So great to talk to the family!!!! I've got a great support crew!
We
had some delicious meals this week!! Ate a lot of Cow Hearts again---
I'm kind of a fan. But here, laid before you is burritos, Sushimi, Fois
Gras (the bloated liver spread of ducks), and savory crepes. And the
man
with the towel is a police man who does Parkour on the side. Champion
Ona Lol
As far as the rest of the week went... there were lots of good things
Call me an Animal Rights Activist but...they
really like Cock (Rooster) Fighting here. And I really hate it, saw it
happen a couple times while trying to do personal study in the sector.
Also I saw a chicken die afterwards, I will spare you the details.
Dogs
here are often kind but some are vicious and we always hope those ones are
behind the fences. But the people hurt their dogs a ton out here. I
have seen a couple dead dogs on the road.
But worse is there are a lot of abusive people here too. We talk with investigators who suffer a lot of abuse. We had a lesson with our wonderful investigator, an RLDS woman, named Gina. We don't know if she is abused or not. But our member friend who came with us talked about how her grandma was abused and ended up being crippled but still stuck with her husband. She said that it was beautiful that she stayed. Ah....what a sad story and totally inappropriate thing to share!! Ah, we're working on the members "lesson-side manner"
Much love,
Congrats to my friends who are getting married #FRVANDERHOLM and who are having babies!!!!
I challenge you to spend a little more time this week remembering what God has done for you in your life.
Here's to another week in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment