Alright, as tough as it is to leave my champion daughter, Sr Basset in my home (1ST and only) secteur de Oremu, Faa'a, I am now transferred to the other side of Papeete, in the zone of Arue. I am forming my second daughter who is a beautiful spunky Tahitian!!! Wohooo!!!
We had 3 (one was 8 years old) fantastic baptisms. One came thanks to a lot of last minute miracles.
We
had a delicious Faatamaraa, with plenty types of Fafaru **shoutout to
the Elders who were with us and gave in to the Tahitians peer pressure
to eat it**, with Deborah.
I said goodbye to my Oremu fam which was sad.
And my Zone fam, who have been awesome #ByeERob
We had a
sondage in the mountains, and thanks to our ward fast we found some cool
potential amis. Granted I spent the majority of the sondage talking to
a man about his polygamist life and how his wives live in separate
houses right next to each other. Super cool 
Fixed
the baptisms for 2 amis who I love already so much! Dang transfer
haha. They came to church one week and we started talking. Found out
they were in fact amis. We set up a lesson with them and went over.
Apparently they hadn't really heard much about God or religion but they
had heard if you go to church you will receive blessings. So... they
found our church and came Sunday.
She said the minute she walked in she felt different. I was very
touched by her openness to our message. The second lesson we arrived and
before we started, our investigator wanted to explain how she had read the
Introduction, the Testimonies, and until page 10 in the BOM (In one
day). She said she had never slept better that night in her life! She
had forgotten how to pray but she lives with her little 10 year old
nephew who is mormon, so she humbly asked if he could teach her how to
pray. She didn't let her incapacity keep her from praying. I find that
incredibly humbling. We explained the Plan of Salvation, and she
accepted baptism.
It is cool to teach lessons and recognize
how my French companion is the exact fit for this secteur. Her life
experiences just gel so nicely with the needs of this secteur. I have
so much respect for my comp!!
For the baptisms, we had Mino!! Finally! Haha He's been ready since July! He was
baptized by our DMP and I am so pumped for his family. It is just the
beginning.
For our miracle, that would be our
9 year old Pearl. She has been taking the lessons for a year, and no
one in her family are members and most of them hate mormons except for
her mother. She just moved, so we started our first lesson with her
last Saturday. We decided that she was ready to get baptized earlier
than her date in November, so we proposed the 23rd and she said yes. So
when we went to go talk
to her mom (2 days before the baptism), it was pouring rain. And
because her family hates mormons, we
couldn't enter their house, so we panicked and asked God to stop the
pouring rain for 5 minutes. In 10 seconds the pouring rain stopped, we
talked to her mom outside, signed all the baptism papers, and left.
Blessings! The day of her confirmation she missed the bus to the church
and
their motorcycle was gone, but her mom found a
scooter from a women to take Pearl down to the church. Such a champ!
![]() |
| Brooke, Pearl, Sister Bessat and 8 year-old |
![]() |
| Pearl's baptism |
I
am excited to see what kind of work we got in Pirae, and to be the only
Sisters in the Zone haha, # thats a lot of 18 year olds together.
I love you all! Thanks Grandparents for the silk pillow cases!
Sr. Spencer










No comments:
Post a Comment