Dear Family and Friends,
OK SO.... I skipped a couple email times, so I will see if I can resume this all. I probably have nothing real substantial...
We
did actually get permission to leave the island and head over to
Moorea, which... was pretty legitimate. If I don't serve in the
islands, at least I spent a 9-5 day there. There was Dolphins and
Bungalows and gorgeous Mountains and pineapple farms and really
fantastic members to drive us around the whole island, and we hung off
coconut trees and got in the ocean. Haha it gave me a good morale boost
for more hiking in my ghetto sector that I love.
We
painted our house with the zone this week. It went well, except
we didn't cover the floor and got paint all over our wooden floors 
This
weekend was the 20th anniversaire de notre Pieu Stake, The Stake of
Faa'a! So Friday night was cultural dancing and the "stake
dance"... sadly the missionaries live the nun life and couldn't stay for
the stake dance. But honestly everyone here came: young, old, obese,
skinny, men and women. It is the coolest thing! America: take note!! The
next day was all cultural activities. So lifting 250 lbs rocks, a
shredding coconuts contest, running with racks of fruit, Pirogue(boat) racing,
and Last but NEVER least....Tamaa (Eating tahitian food). This celebration was one of
my favorite activities here. Our ward was killing it, they brought a lot of
investigators too. I love being with all the zone of missionaries too.
| With Ami Leana |
While
we were there, we talked to some Lithuanian tourists and Swiss tourists,
and the coach for the LP basketball Team. Really weird seeing one of
my people haha. Here is a picture with him. He said he'd save me a
spot on the LP team when I get back, told him "What do you think I am, a
charity case??! So I took it and I threw it on the grouuund" lol ;)
Our
great members are finally having their inactives family members come to
church. As a missionary, Sundays are crazy but sitting there
looking around at church at seeing the inactives that you and the ward
have worked so long with, there, in the pews,*that* is the best
feeling. I love these crazy Tahitian people so much. I wish there were
enough of us missionaries to help every single person and their needs.
| .Our powerful member missionary Mami Repeta and her Husband finally making it back to church for the first time in 10 years ish |
I get to laugh lots with Sr Basset and learn a whole world of knowledge about France. She's a champ.
| Sister Basset in the Rain:) |
Also I get to laugh a lot because of the Tahitians too. Like... eating pancakes for sacrament.
Or having the ward trophies on the Sacrament stand for church, or doing
the "squinty eyes" with Sr. Basset when the Ward Mission Leader starts
teaching his opinion and not doctrine to our amis, or the bug season
when everyone just has insects swarming them during our Plan de Sauvetage and
watching the mamis casually brush them out of their eyes and shirts and
hair haha, nbd.
We have Mino's Baptism this week! I am so looking forward to that, it is about time!
This
spirit here, on the mission is powerful and constant. I can feel
clearly the presence of the Holy Ghost during baptisms, and blessings,
and sacrament. And miracles come for us as members in the ward strive
diligently to bring their neighbors to Christ. I am so impressed with
the sacrifice of our members and our DMP.
| Eating with our investigators. A good lesson means a good meal haha. |
| I got to eat Nemo's ugly older brother this week. hehe |
| Going to lessons with members' kids #babysitting |
I love you all! Thanks for the support!!
Thank you so much for the package family!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment