Thursday, November 16, 2017

Started listening to David Archuletta's Christmas Album #nov1st

Nov 6th

Dear Family and Friends,

Hey you guys!! I love you all so much!!! Ah, I feel so sad for Shay-Lee.  My buddy! 
Thank so much for all the tender mercies!!! I loved it​​

After just 6 weeks in my last sector, I got transferred to the other side of the island, at Papeari.  We finished training Sr. Maitere, and she is ready to take on the sector.  The first girl I trained is now training someone else, which is super quick!  Means, that I am a grandma out here on the mission.  My new companion is named Sr. Keyes who is from Canada.  She and I are in a car, and I just need to work to be half as nice as her and I will probably make it just fine into the celestial kingdom.  Really looking forward to the time with her!
​Sr. Maitere and Brooke

This week's tender mercy was a lesson with a woman named Homie.  Her brother is a member who came with us also to the lesson.  Homie, has been through some crazy trials in her life, and her brother, this Papi Flores, takes so much time to help fix her home, bring her food, and spend time with her.  Despite the fact that his life was and still is super difficult and he is always in pain.  The joy that flies to his face when we talk about going by and visiting his family, to help them, teaches me how our Savior also probably feels when we visit his family. 
On a comical note. He also makes all the inactive family members sign up to feed the missionaries.  The missionaries are eating with three different members of his family this month haha.  He also also gives me dozens of bananas every time I see him.
​ Papi Flores

Had one of those fun, right before everything starts, "can you give the talk for the baptism" requests.  And when I got up to give it, I said enough pleading prayers that the spirit came and testified, and several people thanked me for the things that I shared.  That says nothing about me, but rather how exact the Lord blesses us, when we really call on him! 

Coincidence moment (but not really, #lords work) We had to do a Survey in another sector, and we kept meeting a lot of really cold people.  One of them, I convinced grudgingly to just answer quickly the 12 questions.  After every question he asked "are we done??" and then said he is not interested.  Well, the day of this baptism comes and my companion nudges me to tell me that this man is in attendance!  He was sitting right next to us, because his best friend, a new convert invited him.  He was so much more open this time around!! I hope to hear so that he started taking the lessons.  Moral:  Members can be so much more powerful missionaries than us the full-time missionaries!  

Love you all,
Soeur Spencer

​Sister Kohl and Brooke jogging

 DSCN2308.MOV
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment