This is my: "Come on guys, man up" (ha'atane) moment this week.
We had 8 new amis come to an activity: Women's Brunch. It started right at 6 am. Well, these women, who have never been to the chapel, were there at 5:50,
all freshly woven flower crowns, lipstick, the works:) We sit down next
to them and invite them to come to our 10 o clock church the next day.
And what did they say, Well they all said, its too hard. We had
excuses like, I have to walk all the way down the hill, again??,
or i babysit my grandchild, or we are leaving town the minute this
celebration ends! So, no.) Hahaha but no one said a word of complaint
when we announce that our huge Brunch and celebration started at 6 am. 

Timeri
received her answer, and has fixed her baptism for the 5th Avril. In
fact, that's more of "rumor has it" because, her cousin told us. We have
yet to talk to her. But comme meme, we are so happy to hear that! Go
Timeri!!
Tahitians are very resourceful, it's rad.
The
wedding and baptism for Poerava and Tetu is coming up, and in
preparation they bought the food... The pig however is still living
haha, I hope for My wedding will be nice and organic like that :)
Delicious Foods Eaten:
Pahua-
bénitié cru. I don't know exactly how to say it in English, I'll send a
picture next week :) We had it raw and the next night in a curry.
Mmmmm, American seafood will be hard to adjust to
Damas
is all ready to go: Impatiently awaiting his baptism. He has a hard
time reading his scriptures and so every time we try to create
challenges
or promise blessings or even read together. Haha but finally, and I
mean, its been 5 months with me, and even longer with the other sisters,
he read his scriptures! We started the lesson, and immediately after
the prayer, he looks at me and says "ok, ok, i already know what you
are going to ask me. Like you do every time. And i did read this time"
haha maybe he did it just because he knew i was going bug him, but
that's ok ;) I thought it was really funny.
In studying obedience, I liked Samuel 15:22
and Alma 3:26-27. I know that for our Heavenly Father, our humility and
obedience are so important! That we become more like him as we strive
daily to be humble and obedient. Elder Quintin L Cook gave a wonderful
talk about Humility last conference. https://www.lds.or g/general-conference/2017/10/ the-eternal-everyday?lang=eng
Time is rushing by, I love being a missionary. And oh how we have been blessed, as members of his church!
I love you all! Love our amis here in Papeari, and This hilarious group of Gods children that live here in Tahiti, the Maori.
Preparez all of you for general conference!
Sr spencer
No comments:
Post a Comment