Sunday, May 6, 2018

Transferred: I will finish up my mission in the secteur of....

Dear Family and Friends,

Dreams do come true. And that dream is that God needed me to serve at Rurutu.  I think I first heard about Rurutu when our MTC teacher Fr Vanderholm talked about serving at Rurutu, and biking next to the ocean while whales were surfacing.  Ever since then I have had this sincere desire to serve there. And Wednesday I got a call to put my belongings on a boat, and Friday they told me that Sr Kendall and I would be opening up an Island, and it's the first time for sisters in a long time.  So here we are, Rurutu.
I want to cry after seeing the kindness of these members.  I had my share of anxiety but these feelings have been swept away as I stepped off the airplane with Sr Kendall.  I know there will be weaknesses in the branch, like all wards but I am deeply touched by the members we have met with today.
  I will enjoy the beauty of the people, and culture, and landscape, but have my plaque securely fastened over my heart.  I know I am here for my Savior, and that we will work to find the members and nonmembers that need us here.   We are safe, we are wide-eyed and full of gratitude.
The last week in Papeari went well.  We have a couple Semi-Membres who have labored diligently to have their own testimony, and recieved the answer to get baptized in June.  The ami is named Elodie and she will be a wonderful asset in the paroisse.  She really knows this gospel is true!! (I attached a picture with her and Sr.Toofa)
Sr. Kendall is safe and sound :) I look forward to serving with her.  And yes, Sr Kendall and I are from the same Stake in Utah lol, On est pas parti de l’auberge ;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment