Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Big influx of Swiss Jews in Tahiti. Nothing but blessings

February 5, 2018

Dear Family and Friends,

I havé felt â deep, constant feeling of happiness this week. Sr. Toofa and I havé had such sweet moments of joy in seeing the great workings of the Lord unfold in Papeari.

This week was full of lessons in the two sectors, with the Trio, Sr bultez, Sr Toofa, and meee. And it was GR8:)
 
Food for thought, 
How many Israelian Jews have been baptized in Tahiti?
I think, Like maybe 1.
Haha but God is good!!!! And here we are in Papeari with this humble, sweet family of Jews who wants nothing more than to follow the savior and be baptized in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 
BEFORE: Born into a family of devout Jews, The dad followed all of the customs, and teachings until 35 years old when he started searching for truth.  He said he's been in about every religion possible, searching for the church of God. During â stay in Switzerland, Geneva the Dad left his apartment to go to work, and the Swiss missionaries were standing in the street. One was clearly lost, looking around, but when he saw this man he walked immediately up to him and said "Did you know that we have â living prophet today?", he was shocked and knew nothing of â prophet. The missionary the gave the Dad â pamphlet, but couldn't fix another lesson because they were about to move out of Switzerland. When the Dad walked back into his apartment, and showed his family the brochure he said to his wife. "I want to be a Mormon".  They moved shortly after to France, and his work brought him and his family to one of the Tahitian Islands, Moorea.  While living there, he learned about Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon (on the LDS Library App on his phone) and found that the Savior really had come. But after 2 years at Moorea, they still didn't know who to talk to or how to join with this church.  His work told him to move, so he moved their family to the main island of Tahiti, into...our sector! A Tahitian posted a political video post on Facebook, this man watched it and at the end he said " I'm a Mormon".  He said "at that moment everything came back to me, my experience with the missionaries in Switzerland, and I knew God was ready to guide me into his church".  He contacted the Tahitian who posted the video, who got a hold of our bishop, who called us to come over for a lesson "with 3 Swiss Jews".  I have never met 3 Amis so sincerely ready to serve our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

On meeting this family Sr Toofa and I can't believe the goodness of God, and all his mighty works that came to pass in the life of this family. We know that this is the Lord's work and are filled with Love and Joy knowing we can teach this already prepared family. 
I don't have enough time or patience to write more details about the lessons, but their long wait to join with Christ's church is coming to an end. 
 
Sr. Toofa is wonderful. 0 choses a dire. I sincerely love serving with her. Of course it makes things easy when massive miracles are happening like that, but I got a feeling Sr Toofa will stick with it in the thick and the thin. 

It was crazy to see the MacPhersons! Annd they told me to keep working on my English haha Love Highland 35th a lot! Big bear hug to all the missionaries serving in the ward!  And Gros Bisous for the fam! 

Sr spencer 

No pictures. Sry.

No comments:

Post a Comment