One year on a mission, came and went. I don't think I did anything noteworthy to celebrate. Wait. I did. I shared the good news with my Tahitian brothers and sisters.
Our 2 little miracle families are
continuing towards their baptisms with faith, nothing wavering. Well ok
one of them decided to play for their band instead coming to church soo
we need to work on that, but he also accepted his whole family disowning
him because he's going to be baptized. That is not easy. We have
hope that God will soften their hearts. He understands that an eternity
with his wife and daughter is of greater value than being invited to
family events and even familial support.
The deep, very
moving story of our sweet Swiss Jewish investigators can be written in a
book about 200 pages long, so maybe I can share some summaries.
-
their heavy addictions to drugs, cigarettes, and even coffee have been
entirely eliminated, even before meeting with us. They were slaves to
these things for more than a decade.
- the first time
reading the Book of Mormon, The Dad knew with all his heart that this
Book came from God, and was written especially for the Jewish people.
-
the dad, who found his testimony/ conviction right before moving to
Moorea, here at Tahiti, spent months praying that his wife and daughter
could understand and believe as he did/does. God answered his prayers,
and in the months that followed they became converted as well.
-this beautiful experience, that I get to watch unfold was written of in both the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants
.
2
Nephi 20: 20 "en ce jour-la, le reste d'Israël et les réchappés de la
maison de Jacob, cesseront de s'appuyer sur celui qui les frappait, ils
s'appuieront avec confiance sur le Seigneur, le Saint d'Israël"
And especially in Doctrine and Covenants 123, I like it better in French but voila ya"
11 And also it is an imperative duty that we owe to all the rising generation, and to all the pure in heart—
12 For
there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and
denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby
they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth
because they know notwhere to find it
13 Therefore,
that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all
the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly
manifest from heaven—
14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness."
And then the call to us "Therefore, dearly beloved [friends and family], let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed"
Things here in Papeari are wet but hopeful:) last week was on foot, but this week we are lucky to have the car.
Sr.
Toofa and I share many embarrassing, funny moments together. I really
have had my two Tahitian sisters as companions, what great people! Sr
Maitere and now Sr Toofa!
Upcoming
events: Valentine's Day and The baptism for the Jewish Family and
temple trip with our new converts and an 11 year olds birthday party
with a blow up waterslide. Shoot, mom I forgot my swimsuit. Can you
expedite that to me??;)
I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Soeur Spencer
I really love Jacob 4:6-7, Faith, Humility, and Power to do all things
No comments:
Post a Comment