Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Sr Toofa, Sr Spencer, And Sr Bultez for the win :)

 January 29, 2018

Dear Family and Friends,

Transferzz. I'm staying in Papeari! And I scored and got my second Tahitian Comp, Sr Toofa! She's from my last sector at Pirae. Sr. Keyes is coming back to Canada attention! And charming Sr Luka to Nebraska, they will be missed!!  This week though, we will be in a trio! And covering two sectors.  Until the new companion comes back from one of the other 🌴islands.


We had a wonderful, toasty week walking around, sharing the gospel. Probably the most rewarding moment this week was seeing Warren and Marceline married and baptized! This sweet, quiet couple pulled together their marriage in clutch timing and had so many family and friends supporting them.  It's the first time that I was involved in the marriage of our amis, kind of fun:() At the last minute, they invited us to eat at their table of honor, and so we hurried over (I think I tripped on the way up). I tried really hard not to eat with my hands, in front of the 150 guests. Haha a good reminder that I lost a lot of table manners on the mission.
  


Their 2 children decided to get married and baptized the 7 of April. That will be super exciting! 
All their marriage festivités gave us a chance to talk with their non member family and friends, genealogy got a couple of them excited :)
 
We had a service project, and since it's expensive to call people #out of credit, and our regular reliable friends were busy.   We did the service project with just our ami and Ellie, the new converti. Hahaha lots hacking branches with machetes and weed wackers, and torching piles of debris on a big plot of jungle. "Yard work" in Tahiti is intense. But we did drink some refreshing coconut water and played with these crazy little boys:) 
 
We ate with some funny families this week and wore one member's outfit for the biggest Tahitian dance of the year. lol. Too bad Sr Keyes and I can't dance the part haha
 
 
Teaching a very intelligent Chinese 9 year old who acts a lot like me when I was a kid haha, we get each other ;)
 
 
We love our amis here in Papeari!! We talk and laugh and share stories and eat a lot and sing songs and read a lot of bible verses and discuss deep bible doctrine and share our testimonies, and yeah, ok, they often cancel or stand us up, but it's well worth the dozens of hours of planning and praying and many more hours of walking and yelling LORANA. 
I really love our missionaries out here too! 
Jean 8:12 á light has surely come into the lives of Warren and Marceline, our newly baptized converts.  I know that Christ IS the light.  And what a privilege it is to carry that light to others. Missionaries, the messengers of light.
 
Good luck to all y'alls with classes, marriages, work, callings, and missions. I love you all!!

Sr Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment